Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Indecision and Picnics


Apparently this has just been indecision time. While I was trying to decide how to complete the butterfly quilt, I moved on to quilting this baby quilt. I used a bit of an all over swirly pattern (someone probably has a real name for this, but whatever.) I HATED it. I not only thought the quilting pattern took away from the quilt, but I didn't think I'd done a good job. So, I spent a few days ripping out all of the quilting. And, then requilted it. I'm not quite ready to show the completed quilt yet, but it is completed. Yeah.
We go on a lot of picnics around here. At least two a week, where we sit on the ground. I've been talking about making a quilt for picnics, and finally got around to it. I knew I wanted the quilt to be cheap, or as inexpensive as possible. So, when JoAnn's had a good sale, I bought all of the materials for the quilt. About $25 worth I think. I also wanted the quilt to be pretty easy to make. I borrowed this book from the library, which had the perfect quilt design. It took me just a couple of hours to complete the quilt top, though quite a bit more for quilting. I quilted it with an all over stipple. I also wanted the quilt to be bright, as in stain-resistant. I think I got that. We've already picnicked twice on it, so it already has peanut butter, jelly, milk, and cheese spilled on it.
I believe it is about 60 X 80. The green for the sashing was the first color I chose, thinking grass stains.

(I can't seem to get the color right on these photos. The quilts are a bit brighter than they are showing up. I'm having a hard time editing lately.)

2 comments:

monica said...

great picnic quilt! I must make one of those...

I 'unquilted' a quilt last year and it was a nightmare... I was soo cross with myself. but once it's done you'll feel so much better!

Heidi said...

I love this picnic quilt! You have inspired me to make one now too. I have the book you mention already. Now I just need to get on the ball!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...