Saturday, February 6, 2010

Striped baby for Josiah

I'm definitely keeping with the theme of simple quilts for a bit.


We learned last weekend that a couple of our good friends were adopting a baby. As in they were meeting the baby that day, and were in California. One of my first thoughts was (of course) that I needed to make something for that baby. Later I found out that they were not just in California, but near US! We hadn't seen them in three years, since we were in Alaska. I was so excited to get to see them and their brand new baby. I decided Sunday night that I MUST make a quilt for the new little boy, but I just didn't have enough in my stash for a baby boy quilt. Monday morning, I was at my local fabric store buying the fabric. By the time I went to bed that night, I had completed the quilt top and the quilting. That left me Tuesday for the binding.
(I had to include the photo with the dog's tail.)
This was definitely my fastest quilt to date. I only worked on it during the kids' nap and after they went to bed. I thought we might be seeing them Wednesday, so I needed it done fast. 

For the back, I used one print, striped binding, stipple quilting. The finished quilt size if approximately 43x62.
We did get to meet the baby last night (1 week old,) but I'm not sure how many photos the parents have shared yet. I don't want to beat them to it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Love the quilt!

Heidi said...

You are amazing! I work best under pressure but WOW.. not sure I could pull such a pretty quilt together this fast. You rock!

It will be loved for years to come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...