Saturday, June 12, 2010

Star Baby


I've been eyeing these 50s looking cowboys for awhile. I thought they would be cute in a baby boy's quilt, but didn't know anyone who was really into cowboys. I finally decided that if I liked it, others who aren't into cowboys would like it, too. This quilt is for my cousin's baby boy, due next month.




I always like primary colors for baby quilts and decided maverick stars would be a great way to highlight the fabric, as well. I used a dark charcoal for the background, which I love. Stipple quilting, which I seem to use frequently. I like doing it, it's fairly quick, and makes a nice, crinkly finished product. 
And a shot of the back, with a mini star as the label.
The finished quilt is approx 48 x 60, plenty big for playing on the floor and for use well into toddlerhood.

8 comments:

The Dunns said...

Very cool! I love the cowboy print and the quilt. That's very much our style. I'm sure your cousin will LOVE it!

Valerie said...

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from this mama, especially since that was the fabric I used for my guy's baby bedding. Since I was using my own crib for him, straight outta the 1970s red and white, I picked that fabric. It ended up being pretty cute, and other than the bedding, it wasn't too over the top cowboy, more of an overall vintage feel. So I have a special spot for those little cowpokes! ;)

Angie said...

The vintage aspect of the fabric was really what appealed to me, too, Valerie.

Leslie said...

this is beautiful. i love these stars so much

Lisa said...

love it! i too lean to primary for kids!

thanks for the comment by the way..yes she was unhappy but i think of this comment every time we don't see my husbands mom and go see mine instead.

Bateau said...

I'd be a pretty happy little boy (or girl!) if this was my quilt. Doesn't every boy go through a cowboy phase? after dinosaurs and before race cars. I love how simple your colour palette is, but there's lots to look at and play with too!

Unknown said...

I love crafting - lots of different kinds but quilting is one that that just intimidates me to pieces! I'm just not exact enough, I think. And the projects are so big! LOL
This is spectacular! wow

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...