Saturday, December 25, 2010

Caught up! (for the moment)

I've had fabric to make this baby girl's quilt since the end of September. I was so happy to finally get this one finished, and pleased with how it turned out. I made a baby size (45 x 63ish) version of this quilt. This was my first time piecing curves, and I'm feeling much less intimidated now. 

And a photo of the back.
I was in two online quilting bees for a few months, then just one after September. Once I was back to work, I got WAY behind. Each month, the envelopes were really piling up. I finished blocks for the last 5 months of my bee this week.
August: Mondrian inspired blocks
September: square in square blocks


October: wonky log cabins or square in square.


November: rectangle in rectangle


December: wonky star

These really didn't take that long, so I shouldn't have gotten so far behind. At least I'm caught up now. January is the last month, and it's my turn to send out fabric. While I'm on a roll, I should get those envelopes ready. 

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

You lucky girl! I just got back into my sewing room after a long hiatus, and I feel like I will NEVER be 'caught up'! I love those blocks you've been working on! The gray background is really unique!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...