Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quilt Festival



Park City Girl is hosting an online quilt festival.

My entry is a quilt from earlier this year. I couldn't find the best photo of it, and I didn't make it for me, so I couldn't get another. Anyway, I made this quilt for the prayer shawl ministry in Germany. It was for a friend who had recently lost her fiancee in Afghanistan. I had also recently become involved in Jacquie's Project Improv. I was playing with improv blocks here. I really liked the palette of this quilt and was really happy with how it turned out.

When planning, I just thought it should do this way, so it bothered me when my husband held it "upside down."

I first blogged about the quilt here.

Go check out the rest of the quilts!

14 comments:

Lonci said...

Very impressive:)

Marika said...

Cheerful beautiful quilt !

Zonnah said...

Good job improving!

Deborah said...

It's beautiful! Love the colors.

Kaye Prince said...

I would never have thought to use those colours together in a quilt, but I like the way they look together here! Great job!

Carol said...

I bet your quilt totally brightened your friend's day.

Dolly said...

I love that you turned the photo....we know when a quilt is SUPPOSED to go a certain way.....it gets stuck in our heads !
Wonderful job !

linda said...

Quilts are as good as hugs! Lovely!

QuiltSue said...

I love the colours in this.

Leslie said...

this is so pretty. i really enjoy improv blocks. the colors that you used are so fun and bright

Anonymous said...

love the colour palette!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

great quilt!!... i love that you imagined it this way... and since he held it the other you just turned the picture upside down.. that is great!

Diane said...

I love the colors as well as the improv blocks. this is a beautiful quilt.

Casey said...

I love the colors

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...